So many people try dieting & exercise and still don’t lose weight. Here are 2 reasons why this may be the case.Read More
Cutting edge lessons and tips on High Performance, Productivity, Excellence, Entrepreneurship & more.
Studies in the past 10 years have revealed a very strong connection between the health of our digestive system and our brain, in particular when it comes to coping with stress and overall well-being.
In this article, I discuss how (chemically) the health of our digestive system affects our overall sense of happiness and talk about a new study which investigated the effect of a common supplement on stress hormones and emotional well-being.Read More
In today's digest:
- Regular Yoga practice shown to significant reduce stress, menopause & depression symptoms, and increase quality of life
- Hypoxic Training significantly improves VO2max in trained runners
- Doctors issue strong warnings about LED lights
Most people get overwhelmed by the volume of emails they see in their inbox in the morning, and by the time they address them all, half the day (and their productivity) is gone.
Here is an alternative approach to dealing with emails that allows you to regain your sanity, boost your productivity, and keep stress levels low.Read More
In today’s digest:
- An amazing new stem cell procedure promises massive potential for anti-aging and reversing disease
- This daily habit is causing you to destroy your sleep, memory, learning ability, and hormones - you have to stop!
- Low Vitamin D during pregnancy increases child risk of Multiple Sclerosis by 90%
- Yet another study showing that increasing protein while dropping carbs is the key to fat loss
- Higher intake of Vitamin B6 (in women) and B12 (in men) associated with lower risk of depression
In today's digest:
- Study shows that long-distance steady running leads to brain shrinkage
- Each extra hour of sitting increases risk of diabetes by 22%, even if you exercise daily
- Eat your fruits "before" your workout but not "after", and limit quantities
- More than half of the world's workforce are saying that they're close to "burning out" because of work stress
Do you ever feel like you’re having to force yourself to get out of the bed in the morning?
Do you struggle to maintain energy levels throughout the day and find it hard to get work done in the afternoon?
Do you feel so tired when getting to the bed that you can’t actually fall asleep?
You’re not the only one. “Chronic fatigue” is a very common problem affecting millions of people, and especially those seeking to achieve a lot in life.
Reasons for “chronic fatigue” can be classified as physiological (physical) and psychological (mental).
In this post (Part 1) I’ll address the Physiological (physical) aspects. In Part 2, I’ll discuss Psychological aspects.
In today’s post:
- Folic acid potentially dangerous to mother and child
- Dark chocolate: a powerful tool to reduce cardiovascular risk factors
- Harvard study says marathon training makes you fat
- Cyclists and triathletes: Red Bull is BS
- Large-scale Harvard study demonstrates that low-carb diets are far superior to low-fat for weight loss
- Male triathletes: watch your testosterone
- Just one alcoholic drink by pregnant mothers is enough to cause growth retardation of baby
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you would have read the headlines and stories and heard the reports exploding over the “WHO says red meat causes cancer” story last week.
Vegans were smug. Paleo people went on the attack. Virtually everyone voiced an opinion on it.
For this reason, I’ll refrain from voicing my own opinion on the matter (frequent readers will know my opinion anyway).
So my aim in this post is to present the facts, and let the reader use his/her own judgment and decide on a course of action. So here we go.Read More
Many people struggle to lose weight despite doing all the right things. And by “right things”, I don’t mean the advice commonly dished out by nutritionists and medical doctors (these obviously don’t work), but rather the scientifically-based advice geared towards getting your body in balance.
There is a simple test I ask people to do to find out whether their body is even capable of burning enough fat in the first place: the results will shock you.Read More
I typically go through 20-40 research papers on a weekly basis, looking for interesting findings, which can be implemented in pursuit of high performance.
Here is a summary of some of the most recent interesting findings I came across:
- New evidence explains how exposure to blue light is hampering your children’s physical development.
- 64% higher risk of developing diabetes if you eat pesticide-laden fruits and veggies.
- “Diet soda” makes you “eat more” and “eat worse”.
- This one surprised me: ice-cold drinks not the best way to cool down during endurance races!
- Finally, some scientific evidence showing that the Paleo Diet outperforms “recommended diets”.
- New evidence that a “low carb high fat” diet is superior in treatment of diabetes than typically recommended diet.
Read more in this week’s post.Read More
Many are surprised when they see someone struggling to lose weight despite working out hard and eating “healthy”.
However, it’s much more widespread than you think. In fact, “eating too much and not working out enough” is often NOT the reason for people who are unable to lose weight.
I went through this a few years ago, struggling to lose weight despite burning thousands of calories every week and eating a “healthy” diet.
So, if it’s not that, then what is it?Read More
- Get a training partner to get a performance breakthrough.
- Cranberry juice: kicks heart disease markers in the gut!
- Burnout is common among entrepreneurs, learn the skills to avoid it.
- One of my ventures failed because I was missing 1 key person.
- Common household pesticide linked to ADHD in children.
- Menthol to deal with Dubai weather? Why not!
- Study reveals that a high egg diet has no negative effects on blood lipids (cholesterol/triglycerides).
- Triathlon causes relationship problems, it’s a fact we can’t deny. Do you have to choose?
- Study shows that higher consumption of nuts associated with lower risk of death.
- New study reveals that “night owls” are higher risk of weight gain, diabetes, metabolic disorders.
- New study links consumption of pesticide-laden fruits with lower fertility in men.
- The world of investing for the long-term is confusing. Here are some easy tips.
- Are there tools you can learn to stay in control when facing extreme difficulties?
- Can probiotics help with weight loss / weight gain?
- Study confirms that certain foods actively increase inflammation, triggering an immune response with various adverse complications.
- A cheap, convenient and reasonably accurate way to test lactate threshold for endurance athletes.
- Stress made simple: an easy-to-read article on how stress affects your thyroid and why your conventional doctor wouldn't even know where to look.
- Another study on Sudden Cardiac Death in athletes: most victims had "normal" hearts and pre-screening would not have saved them.