New study provides evidence on 3 ways a single night of sleep deprivation can cause you to overeat and gain weight.Read More
Cutting edge lessons and tips on High Performance, Productivity, Excellence, Entrepreneurship & more.
In today's high-paced world, we crave silence.
Is it something that we crave just because it feels good or is there scientific evidence of the benefits of silence?
In this post, I talk about my personal experiences, the scientific evidence, and suggest ways to pursue silence.Read More
We all fall prey to the infamous "snooze" every morning. Sometimes multiple times.
Then we end up rushing out of bed like crazy, trying to get ready, and we start off our day stressed.
In this video, I discuss an easy tool you can implement to stop snoozing and help you wake up with enthusiasm (and which does not involve putting the alarm clock on the other side of the room!).Read More
In this video, I talk about how a small adjustment in your daily life can help you significantly boost your long-term memory.
In today's digest:
- Regular Yoga practice shown to significant reduce stress, menopause & depression symptoms, and increase quality of life
- Hypoxic Training significantly improves VO2max in trained runners
- Doctors issue strong warnings about LED lights
As I'm writing this, it's 3:30am.
I'm suffering form what is commonly referred to as "tired but wired".
I'm tired, exhausted actually, but I'm guilty of not following my own advice and trying to get too much done over the past few weeks.
But I still have to "function" during the day. I can't afford for my brain not to be as sharp as possible in my line of work.
So here are my top tips for you to be able to still function well during the day when suffering from insomnia and being "wired and tired" (and which I use myself).Read More
In today’s digest:
- An amazing new stem cell procedure promises massive potential for anti-aging and reversing disease
- This daily habit is causing you to destroy your sleep, memory, learning ability, and hormones - you have to stop!
- Low Vitamin D during pregnancy increases child risk of Multiple Sclerosis by 90%
- Yet another study showing that increasing protein while dropping carbs is the key to fat loss
- Higher intake of Vitamin B6 (in women) and B12 (in men) associated with lower risk of depression
In the first digest of 2016:
- Study reveals that the less children sleep the fatter they get
- Clear evidence that nuts reduce risk of mortality
- Dark chocolate will make you stronger on the bike!
- Antidepressants during pregnancy significantly increase risk of child autism
- If you want to get smarter, then focus on HIT
- Cholesterol drugs may help slow down prostate cancer. Is that a point for or against these drugs?
- Do you spend your nights naked?
- Read this before you ever talk to me again!
- Quick and easy breakfast recipes.
- Roasted, grilled, or braised, with rosemary, thyme, and roasted potatoes. Yum!
- Full-fat dairy vindicated once again. Sorry vegans, low-fat people, Paleo people!
- If you answered yes to question 2 above, read this
- I’m stuck in a high-rise and chained to a chair, and I need to do something about it.
- Apparently I’m a “thrill seeker” because I like Siracha sauce. Hey that’s what science says!
- Exercise will not help you lose weight… it’s not that simple.
- Want to attract angel investors? You need to have these attributes.
- Air quality in most gyms potentially toxic.
- A reminder about something I always remind you to remember.
- Study reveals that a high egg diet has no negative effects on blood lipids (cholesterol/triglycerides).
- Triathlon causes relationship problems, it’s a fact we can’t deny. Do you have to choose?
- Study shows that higher consumption of nuts associated with lower risk of death.
- New study reveals that “night owls” are higher risk of weight gain, diabetes, metabolic disorders.
- New study links consumption of pesticide-laden fruits with lower fertility in men.
- The world of investing for the long-term is confusing. Here are some easy tips.
- Are there tools you can learn to stay in control when facing extreme difficulties?
- The richest people share a surprisingly high number of common habits which are easy to adopt.
- Cholesterol-lowering drugs (statins) found to significantly increase risk of diabetes.
- A list of the most potent herbs to combat inflammation.
- Study shows that a low-fat diet causes more weight loss. Or does it?
- Make these modifications to your hip flexor stretch to take it to the next level.
- Applying for a new job? Fine-tune your resume with these tips.
- Some weight-loss surgery patients struggle to lose weight because of their gut microbiome.
- Study shows that 30min of missed sleep causes weight-gain.