Are you confused about whether dark chocolate is healthy or not? What does the science really say? How best to choose dark chocolate? All this and more in today’s delicious article!Read More
Cutting edge lessons and tips on High Performance, Productivity, Excellence, Entrepreneurship & more.
In today's health & fitness digest:
- Standing desks boost your productivity at work by 50%
- Study shows that adding a mindfulness exercise while walking significantly helps with blood pressure and blood sugar
- Study shows potential anti-aging benefits of Coffee
In today’s health & fitness digest:
- Iron supplementation shown to boost mental performance in women without iron anaemia
- High fat dairy “beats” low fat dairy in lowering blood pressure, triglycerides and VLDL Cholesterol
- Blood levels of Omega 3 affect your risk of depression
- Yet another study that demonstrates that you don’t need to take sodium for hot/humid endurance races
Whether working with a CEO looking to get his "life in balance", or an entrepreneur trying to get her business off the ground without burning out, or a working mother training for her first triathlon, there are 3 tests I will always ask for at the beginning of the High Performance journey and at several points throughout.
In this post, I talk about what tests I ask for, why and how I use the info to help people achieve High Performance.Read More
- Another one bows to public pressure.
- This food item takes only five days to do serious damage to your body.
- Maybe I should open a restaurant just to sell bottled water.
- For the n’th time: the glycemic index is obsolete!
- Asia is facing high diabetes and heart disease. Is rice to blame?
- If your building is on fire, why would you turn away firefighters??
- A significant portion of men today are testosterone-deficient, giving rise to higher risks of obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease.
- The world's first successful penis transplant took place… voila...
- The media says salt will damage your arteries… take that with a pinch of salt.
- Treadmill test better predictor of mortality than blood tests.
- Abdominal exercises shown to be almost useless for weight loss.
- Exercise without changes to diet will not get you the weight loss results you seek.
- Almonds, Walnuts, Hazelnuts… The Definitive Guide to Nuts
This new study is shaking up the cardiovascular medical community: a treadmill test turns out to be a better predictor of 10-year survivability compared to the usual metrics, regardless of usual risk factors such as blood pressure and cholesterol.Read More