So many people try dieting & exercise and still don’t lose weight. Here are 2 reasons why this may be the case.Read More
Cutting edge lessons and tips on High Performance, Productivity, Excellence, Entrepreneurship & more.
In this edition of the digest:
- Harvard study: 27min of meditation/day triggers changes in gray matter in the brain.
- High "choline-containing foods" may help you lose weight.
- Fish can reverse brain damage caused by fruit sugar.
I typically go through 20-40 research papers on a weekly basis, looking for interesting findings, which can be implemented in pursuit of high performance.
Here is a summary of some of the most recent interesting findings I came across:
- New evidence explains how exposure to blue light is hampering your children’s physical development.
- 64% higher risk of developing diabetes if you eat pesticide-laden fruits and veggies.
- “Diet soda” makes you “eat more” and “eat worse”.
- This one surprised me: ice-cold drinks not the best way to cool down during endurance races!
- Finally, some scientific evidence showing that the Paleo Diet outperforms “recommended diets”.
- New evidence that a “low carb high fat” diet is superior in treatment of diabetes than typically recommended diet.
Read more in this week’s post.Read More
Discipline, discipline, discipline! Many "self-help" books and gurus, as well as coaches, praise the benefits of "discipline" as the most powerful tool to achieve anything in life.
But the world is filled with people who struggle to achieve certain goals (weight loss, fitness regime, making a business work, spending time with family, staying away from social media, etc).
If you were to take a survey of people you know today, I would bet that over 50% can list goals they’ve struggle to achieve.
Are they ALL lacking discipline?Read More
- 41, A Portrait of my Father By George W. Bush
- No Higher Honor By Condoleeza Rice
- The Selfish Gene By Richard Dawkins
- Wheat Belly By William Davis, MD
- No Limits – The Will to Succeed By Michael Phelps
- Civilization and its Discontents By Sigmund Freud
Ask a farmer: how do you fatten a cow? "Feed it grains and keep it from moving too much".
How do you fatten a human?
Many have been asking me about the ingredients in my go to "low carb granola" breakfast.
Here you go:
- Dehydration shown to clearly increase levels of perceived fatigue in endurance athletes.
- New study reveals how gluten can cause weight gain by blocking receptors for the “hunger hormone”.
- Chemicals in everyday household items are getting into your bloodstream daily.
- High intensity interval training more beneficial for heart health than moderate cardio.
- A number of carbs clearly cause Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Easy mobility drills to mobilize your thoracic spine and get rid of neck/shoulder pain.
- A “must watch” video.
- Productivity hack: easy tip to clean your microwave.
- The richest people share a surprisingly high number of common habits which are easy to adopt.
- Cholesterol-lowering drugs (statins) found to significantly increase risk of diabetes.
- A list of the most potent herbs to combat inflammation.
- Study shows that a low-fat diet causes more weight loss. Or does it?
- Make these modifications to your hip flexor stretch to take it to the next level.
- Applying for a new job? Fine-tune your resume with these tips.
- Some weight-loss surgery patients struggle to lose weight because of their gut microbiome.
- Study shows that 30min of missed sleep causes weight-gain.
- Use of saunas linked to lower risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Ketogenic diets shown to improve body composition, blood lipids, and performance in trained cyclists.
- Fluoride in public water supply linked to under active thyroid in women.
- Many successful entrepreneurs didn't start till later in life. It's never too late...
- Unmetabolized folic acid from supplements & food accumulates in the body and does serious harm.
- Norwegians with existing heart disease ate saturated fat... what happened to them 5 years down the road?
- General Mills and Nestle fund a study to test the effects of whole grains on your health. The results probably surprised them...
- Did a ketogenic diet fail for you? If so, are you a victim of common mistakes for people eating "keto"?
- Hey Lance, forget EPO... have you heard of Heliox? No, no no, not the God of the Sun, that's Helios!
- Women delivering via C-section experience vaginal pain for up to 1.5 years post-partum.
- Don't ignore the frozen section in the supermarket, it might be healthier for you than the fruits & veg section!
- Crossfit athletes have more sex, apparently...