A large new study reveals some scary statistics about people who “vape” (use electronic cigarettes).Read More
Cutting edge lessons and tips on High Performance, Productivity, Excellence, Entrepreneurship & more.
Studies over the past 10 years have consistently demonstrated that most of the major "modern" diseases are "inflammatory" in nature: in other words, they are caused by inflammation and our body's response to that inflammation.
What are the most inflammatory foods (you may be surprised). And how can we eat to make sure we minimize inflammation?Read More
In today's digest:
- Why adding an egg to your salad is recommended (no, not just for protein & fat)
- Skipping carbs at breakfast helps keep blood sugar under control the entire day
- Adding to your marathon nutrition can improve your performance & recovery
- Fasting Blood Sugar: a key indicator for heart disease
In today's post:
- Omega 3 is a powerful way to fight heart disease, but is there a difference between animal vs. plant-based Omega 3?
- Can a glass of red wine prolong life?
- An EXCELLENT article on why going vegan works for some but not others
- FDA discovers Glyphosate in baby food
In today's digest:
- The sugar industry paid scientists to blame fat for heart disease.
- Is the iPhone 7 potentially dangerous for your brain?
- Glyphosate found in childhood vaccines!
- The FDA finally bans a toxic compound found in most anti-bacterial soaps (avoid them!)
In this week’s digest:
- Use intermittent fasting for weight loss and numerous health benefits
- Use cocoa to accelerate muscle recovery after exercise (among other benefits)
- Sugar-free sports and diet drinks heavily damage teeth
- Use Ashwagandha for a strong boost in cardiovascular fitness
- New research shows massive impact of sugar irrespective of the rest of the diet
- Eat nuts for improvements in cholesterol, LDL and triglycerides
- Replace diet soda with water for significantly more weight lossRead More
People on average put on 3kg to 5kg during the holiday season between December and early January.
It wouldn't be fair to tell people to avoid all the delicious food and skip all the parties during the festive season, so is there a way to limit the damage while still enjoying it all?
It turns out, there is!Read More
In today’s post:
- Folic acid potentially dangerous to mother and child
- Dark chocolate: a powerful tool to reduce cardiovascular risk factors
- Harvard study says marathon training makes you fat
- Cyclists and triathletes: Red Bull is BS
- Large-scale Harvard study demonstrates that low-carb diets are far superior to low-fat for weight loss
- Male triathletes: watch your testosterone
- Just one alcoholic drink by pregnant mothers is enough to cause growth retardation of baby
- A useless (but exciting) piece of news!
- Commonly prescribed antidepressants linked to risk of bone fracture.
- I’m going to stop making fun of the US government… because they finally recognize that FAT DOESN’T CAUSE HEART DISEASE!
- I bet Donald Trump doesn’t need to read this, but you do!
- Most ObGyn doctors don’t even know this and it’s scary.
- Insulin resistance proves to be a better long-term predictor of disease than anything else.
- The glycemic index of your breakfast DOES NOT MATTER much.
- Statins deplete Vitamin K2, increase risk of atherosclerosis. Go figure…
- Statins vindicated in relation to memory loss? Not so fast!
- Collagen: the most important nutrient for healthy skin.
- Get a training partner to get a performance breakthrough.
- Cranberry juice: kicks heart disease markers in the gut!
- Burnout is common among entrepreneurs, learn the skills to avoid it.
- One of my ventures failed because I was missing 1 key person.
- Common household pesticide linked to ADHD in children.
- Menthol to deal with Dubai weather? Why not!
- Why fat-adapted athletes have a much easier time dropping weight.
- New study as further proof of link between gluten and inflammation in people without Celiac.
- Consumption of high fructose corn syrup (soft drinks) directly linked to rise in heart disease factors.
- A 20-year study reveals a link between consumption of certain vegetables and reduction in breast cancer risk.
- Another study showing that while saturated fat may increase LDL Cholesterol, this has no impact on atherosclerosis.
- 2 new meds for IBS approved.
- Sugar content in “healthy children fruits snacks” from the UK scary.
- A superfood to always include in your diet.
- Another study demonstrating (unsurprising) link between insulin resistance and heart disease.
- Vitamin D added to bread in the UK. Be careful with this one.
- Eggs vs. oatmeal breakfast on cholesterol, glucose, and inflammation. Who’s your money on?
- Scientific American: latest science publication to counter-attack Dean Ornish.
- Cholesterol drugs may help slow down prostate cancer. Is that a point for or against these drugs?
- Do you spend your nights naked?
- Read this before you ever talk to me again!
- Quick and easy breakfast recipes.
- Roasted, grilled, or braised, with rosemary, thyme, and roasted potatoes. Yum!
- Full-fat dairy vindicated once again. Sorry vegans, low-fat people, Paleo people!
- If you answered yes to question 2 above, read this
- Is there anything Vitamin D can't do??
- When was the last time you took an honest look at your relationships?
- You should know this if you drink sugary drinks.
- Iron supplements in pregnant women adversely affect newborn health.
- This cancerous chemical sprayed on food cannot be washed away. You HAVE to read this one.
- Another one bows to public pressure.
- This food item takes only five days to do serious damage to your body.
- Maybe I should open a restaurant just to sell bottled water.
- For the n’th time: the glycemic index is obsolete!
- Asia is facing high diabetes and heart disease. Is rice to blame?
- If your building is on fire, why would you turn away firefighters??
- Paleo diet shown to be superior to ADA diet in improving metabolic markers even in people suffering from “lifestyle diabetes”.
- Vegetarian diet shown to be superior to standard diet in one aspect – but that’s not the whole story.
- The most common mistakes I see CEOs as well as entrepreneurs do when managing their businesses.
- The biggest errors when writing your resume.
- 68% of people are unhappy at work, but is it their job’s fault?